Clyde Group is seeking a Vice President or Senior Vice President to focus heavily on talent and culture. This new position at Clyde Group will split time between running our talent and training programs for a growing staff and overseeing marketing communications/public affairs clients.
The VP/SVP will:
- Work with the managing director to design and manage the operations functions of the firm, from developing org charts to overseeing the development and training of team members to executing staff training programs
- Play an influential role in building our talent and culture processes and benefits from the ground up
- Manage team members and account teams, and support the professional development of junior staff
- Manage and drive the firm’s recruitment and hiring function
- Support 1-2 of the firm’s clients with marketing communications needs, providing counsel and heading integrated teams across multiple complex accounts
This is a key leadership role – both from an internal team-building perspective, as well as across the firm’s client accounts – and one which requires a confident, seasoned professional with an instinct for developing people, communications strategy and high standards for tactical execution. It also requires an interest in and excitement about playing a key role in the development and growth of a small agency.
The SVP should:
- Bring a diverse and varied outlook and perspective to our firm
- Be invested in being a senior leader at a small, growing, ambitious company
- Have a track record of mentoring staff and leading teams
- Be driven to succeed for clients with diverse public affairs and corporate communications needs
- Be recognized as a strategic thinker, outstanding writer, and strong communicator
- Work across industries, toggling between financial services, tech, and health and wellness, among others
- Exemplify flexibility and sensibility in their professional work, dealing with different personality types, particularly during busy and challenging times
- Have hunger for more opportunity – for yourself and for clients – and eager to push beyond the expected
- Be equally comfortable in traditional and digital tactics
- Minimum 10 years previous public relations work experience, agency experience required
- Clear experience leading high-value clients, motivating internal teams, and helping develop strong workplace cultures
- An outstanding command of media management, thought leadership, and digital strategies
- Experience leading integrated campaigns, collaborating with advertising agencies, graphic designers, and media buyers
- Exceptionally strong writing and AP editing skills
- A healthy appetite for news and information
- A commitment to uphold and defend the highest levels of ethical conduct
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid, and fast-paced startup culture
- Experience leading staff development and talent cultivation at all levels, as well as mentorship and career tracking
- Respect for and promotion of a culturally diverse team
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Make sure to put “VP-SVP Talent” in the subject line.
Clyde Group was named a finalist for PR Week’s “Boutique Agency of the Year” award in 2017 and 2018, and has received national recognition for its workplace culture, including benefits like competitive pay (commensurate with experience), health insurance, 401(k) match, generous PTO policy, paid family leave, and a professional development budget.