Vice President, Healthcare
Named America’s best boutique agency of 2021, Clyde Group is seeking a vice president for our healthcare practice, ideally with health equity and/or health advocacy experience to join our growing public relations and communications agency. With the vision to be the best agency to work for, we’re a principles driven firm disrupting “business as usual” in communications through creative strategy focused entirely on results-driven client service. Our work deals with exciting national-level issues, including agriculture, healthcare, education, financial services, non-profits, civil rights and more. Our team is creative, ambitious, collaborative, and highly rewarding.
Candidates should have expertise in strategic and integrated communications, internal and external corporate communications, media relations, and digital strategy. This is a key role from an internal team-building perspective and includes responsibility for one of the firm’s largest, brand-name accounts in the healthcare space. It also requires an interest in, and excitement for, the development of a rapidly growing agency.
The VP will:
- Help lead our firm’s premier healthcare accounts
- Be able to build and lead integrated campaigns that encompass internal and external strategies (including owned, earned, and paid strategies)
- Serve as a senior advisor to clients, responsible for providing strategic direction, and developing and executing communications campaigns and programs
- Motivate team members and the account team to execute against client commitments, all while supporting and encouraging the professional development of more junior team members
- Help preserve high standards across all strategic communications accounts, socializing best practices with the team members
- Create and manage against client budgets, ensuring the profitability of accounts
- Be driven to succeed for clients with multiple DE&I, corporate communications, and issues management needs
- Help drive new business development by participating in pitches, converting their own relationships into clients, and helping Clyde Group expand its footprint and grow
- Exemplify flexibility and sensibility in their professional work, dealing with different personality types, particularly during busy and challenging times
- Have a hunger for more opportunity – for yourself and for clients – and eager to push beyond the expected
- Assist in managing affinity groups and playing a role in protecting and growing the firm’s cultural initiatives
- Minimum 12 years previous communications experience; agency experience strongly preferred
- Previous client experience in healthcare, with preference for pharmaceutical experience
- Outstanding command of internal and external communications strategies, thought leadership, and digital strategies
- Clear experience with large clients, motivating internal teams, and helping develop strong workplace cultures
- Exceptionally strong writing and AP editing skills
- A healthy appetite for news and information
- A commitment to uphold and defend the highest levels of ethical conduct
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid, and fast-paced culture
- Experience leading staff development and talent cultivation at all levels, as well as mentorship and career tracking
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a respect for a culturally diverse team
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample here.
Clyde Group’s mission is to create and connect to move the world forward. Clyde Group has been named a PRNews “Top Place to Work”, was included in the 2020 “Top 100 Agency Elite”, has been named a finalist for PR Week’s “Boutique Agency of the Year” award multiple times, and has received national recognition for its fantastic workplace culture, including benefits like competitive pay (commensurate with experience), health and life insurance policies, 401(k) match, generous PTO, the Clyde Impact pro-bono program, and professional development opportunities. Clyde Group is an LGBTQ+ owned business and is committed to being an inclusive and equitable workplace.