Named America’s best boutique agency of 2021, Clyde Group is seeking a senior vice president with experience in DE&I, as well as the health equity and/or healthcare spaces—a candidate with diverse expertise in strategic and integrated communications, internal and external corporate communications, media relations, and digital strategy to join our growing public relations and communications agency. With the vision to be the best agency to work for, we’re a principles driven firm disrupting “business as usual” in communications through creative strategy focused entirely on results-driven client service. Our work deals with exciting national-level issues, including agriculture, healthcare, education, financial services, non-profits, civil rights and more. Our team is creative, ambitious, collaborative, and highly rewarding.
This is a key leadership role from an internal team-building perspective and includes responsibility for one of the firm’s largest, brand-name accounts in healthcare. It also requires an interest in and excitement about playing a leadership role in the development of our growing agency.
The SVP will:
- Lead one of the firm’s premier accounts in DE&I and health equity
- Provide strategic counsel to certain other client teams
- Be able to build and lead integrated campaigns that encompass internal and external strategies (including owned, earned, paid strategies in traditional, digital, and experiential channels)
- Manage team members and account teams, supporting the professional development of more junior team members
- Help preserve high standards across all strategic communications accounts, socializing best practices with the staff
- Help direct visibility efforts for the firm and advise existing Clyde Group clients on integrated communications trends
- Be driven to succeed for clients with multiple DE&I, corporate communications, and issues management needs
- Help drive new business development by participating in pitches, converting their own relationships into clients, and helping Clyde Group expand its footprint and grow
- Exemplify flexibility and sensibility in their professional work, dealing with different personality types, particularly during busy and challenging times
- Have a hunger for more opportunity—for yourself and for clients—and be eager to push beyond the expected
- Assist in managing affinity groups and playing a role in protecting and growing the firm’s cultural initiatives
- Minimum 15+ years previous communications experience; agency or pharmaceutical experience strongly preferred
- Expertise focused on DE&I, health equity, or healthcare
- An outstanding command of internal and external communications strategies, thought leadership, and digital strategies
- Clear experience with large, multi-thousand strong clients, motivating internal teams, and helping develop strong workplace cultures
- Successful record of managing large clients (employees in the tens of thousands, annual revenue over $1B), motivating internal teams, and helping develop strong workplace cultures
- Exceptionally strong writing and AP editing skills
- A healthy appetite for news and information
- A commitment to uphold and defend the highest levels of ethical conduct
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid, and fast-paced culture
- Experience leading staff development and talent cultivation at all levels, as well as mentorship and career tracking
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and respect for a culturally diverse team
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample here.
Clyde Group’s mission is to create and connect to move the world forward. Clyde Group has been named a PRNews “Top Place to Work”, was included in the 2020 “Top 100 Agency Elite”, has been named a finalist for PR Week’s “Boutique Agency of the Year” award multiple times, and has received national recognition for its fantastic workplace culture, including benefits like competitive pay (commensurate with experience), health and life insurance policies, 401(k) match, generous PTO, the Clyde Impact pro-bono program, and professional development opportunities. Clyde Group is an LGBTQ+ owned business and is committed to being an inclusive and equitable workplace.