Clyde Group is seeking a Vice President with diverse expertise in corporate communications, public affairs and marketing communications to be a leader in our growing firm, which is consistently recognized as a top five boutique agency in the country.
The VP will:
- Lead some of the firm’s most important clients with corporate communications and public affairs needs, providing counsel and heading integrated teams across multiple complex accounts
- Play an integral role on the firm’s executive team, helping chart and execute the strategic direction for the firm
- Play an important role in new business development efforts, helping Clyde Group expand its footprint and gain additional clients
- Manage team members and account teams, and support the professional development of junior staff
This is a key leadership role – both from an internal team-building perspective, as well as across the firm’s client accounts – and one which requires a confident, seasoned professional with an instinct for communications strategy and high standards for tactical execution. It also requires an interest in and excitement about playing a key role in the development and growth of a small agency.
The VP should:
- Bring diverse and varied outlook and perspective to our firm
- Be invested in being a senior leader at a small, growing and ambitious company
- Be driven to succeed for clients with diverse public affairs and corporate communications needs
- Be recognized as an outstanding writer, communicator and motivator
- Work across industries, toggling between financial services, tech, and health and wellness, among others
- Participate in the agency’s efforts in pursuing and obtaining new business
- Exemplify flexibility and sensibility in their professional work, dealing with different personality types, particularly during busy and challenging times
- Have hunger for more opportunity – for yourself and for clients – and eager to push beyond the expected
- Be equally comfortable in traditional and digital tactics
- Minimum 8-12 years previous public relations work experience, agency experience preferred
- Clear experience leading high-value clients, motivating internal teams and helping develop strong workplace cultures
- An outstanding command of media management, thought leadership and digital strategies
- Experience leading integrated campaigns, collaborating with advertising agencies, graphic designers and media buyers
- Exceptionally strong writing and AP editing skills
- A healthy appetite for news and information
- A commitment to uphold and defend the highest levels of ethical conduct
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid and fast-paced startup culture
- Experience leading staff development and talent cultivation at all levels, as well as mentorship and career tracking
- Respect for and promotion of a culturally diverse team
To apply, please submit a current resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put “VP application” in the subject line.
Clyde Group was named a finalist for PR Week’s “Boutique Agency of the Year” award in 2017 and 2018, and has received national recognition for its workplace culture, including benefits like competitive pay (commensurate with experience), health insurance, 401(k) match, generous PTO policy, paid family leave and a professional development budget.